CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Terror for Amelia


I was out with the girls doing our thing and Marc was picking up Josh from karate. I get a call from Marc saying lets meet at Starbucks and we can get some lunch at the Subway next door for the kids. Perfect! They have tables outside and the weather is beautiful. Marc and Josh got there before we did and had already grabbed a table for us. As we are walking up Amelia spots terror. "Oh my GOSH mom, dad doesn't have any shoes on. I don't want to go over there". What?? I am thinking I don't want to either. We walk over to Josh and Marc and they are so happy to see us. I say "Marc whats up with the no shoes"? To which is said "Josh forgot shoes so he is wearing mine and I won't wear any". Okay, so totally nice dad to do that but it looks more acceptable if the kid has no shoes on. People don't get why a grown adult wouldn't have them on. Amelia pulls me aside and says "Mom, we gotta go. I can't stay here. What if I see one of my friends? This is totally embarrassing". I say its all good no one will notice. (I hope). Amelia then decided to pull out plan B. "Mom, I have a really bad stomach ache. We gotta go. I am soooo sick". Marc then is hearing us talk and gets upset that his little girl is so concerned with what people will think. I told Marc hey, it is a girl thing what can I say. So, I tell Amelia that this will make a really funny blog post and it seemed to ease the embarrassment. The picture was taken while Marc was still mad about Amelia being embarrassed.

2 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

I hope he didn't a pull a Britni and go into the bathroom. I love Mimi's drama

Sheri said...

Xander & Ben would've been horrified too so maybe it's not just a girl thing?